Wednesday, November 18, 2009

my favorite old men.

I spend a good amount of time yesterday catching up on my HBO shows, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Bored to Death (I would have included Dexter but it's on Showtime, duh.) Curb Your Enthusiasm has always been one of my favorite shows, mostly because Larry David and my dad are pretty much the same people. By that I mean that they can be complete assholes at the most inappropriate times, but somehow it's funny. My dad won't watch the show because it makes him uncomfortable, which is maybe for the best. Anyway, the episode this week was particularly hilarious (and this whole season has probably been the best ever), especially since Marty Funkhouser was in it and delivered the best joke I've heard in so long.



So after a spectacular showing by Marty Funkhauser and LD, I wanted to catch up on Bored to Death. I'd missed the last four episodes since the show wasn't really keeping my interest enough to even remember to record them anymore, but I decided to give it a second chance, and was duly rewarded. Zach Galifinakis has finally started to be funny (how he had failed to be funny before escapes me), Jason Schwartzman's character finally stopped being so annoying, and somehow I developed a crush on Ted Danson as stoner/wealthy magazine editor. Don't judge me! Episode six, "Case of the Beautiful Blackmailer," was definitely my favorite. Galifinakis and Danson finally meet and eventually become friends over their shared love for weed. I don't want to give too much away, but there is a fight involving a pony-on-a-stick toy named Janet. It should not be missed. The cameos on the show are great, too. So far I've seen Patton Oswalt, John Hodgman, Oliver Platt, Jenny Slate, and the list goes on. For some reason I particularly enjoyed Samantha Bee as one of the lesbians unknowingly given Galifinakis' sperm. I can't find any really great clips from the episodes since HBO is apparently crazy rights protections, so this is what you get.





Now tell me you don't think Ted Danson is attractive.

Okay, fine. Well I still do.

No comments:

Post a Comment