Wednesday, June 24, 2009

yummy.

Vosges Haut-chocolate. I found out about it about three years back, during my crazy obsession with baking and all things related. Anyway, I finally got to try it when I went to the Vosges store in Chicago. Basically, its chocolate with a bunch of different, sometimes disgusting sounding (or actually just disgusting) stuff in it. Ones I won't be trying soon: Organic dark chocolate + reishi mushrooms + organic walnuts? I think I'll pass on that one. Ginger + wasabi + black sesame seeds + dark chocolate? Sorry, I don't feel like eating chocolate cleans out my sinuses, too. Ones that are really delicious: Goji Bar (Tibetan goji berries + pink Himalayan salt + deep milk chocolate), Barcelona Bar (hickory smoked almonds + Fleur de Sel grey sea salt + deep milk chocolate) and (also the name of my future child) Woolloomooloo Bar (roasted and salted macadamia nuts + Indonesian coconut + hemp seeds + deep milk chocolate). Anyway, you really should try one if you see them. They make big bars and mini bars so you can try them and love them, or potentially spit them out and not feel too horrible about your awful wastefulness of chocolate that kids in Africa might eat if they didn't have tastebuds (my mom really didn't like leftovers). I know they sell Vosges bars at Central Market, but I'm not sure where else. Maybe Whole Foods, too. Go get one though.

(footnote: the inspiration for this post was the fact that I ate an entire Barcelona Bar in about ten minutes. Do it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment